One of our client, one of the biggest Canadian Wealth Management firms is looking for an experienced technical support technician.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Responsible for the evaluation and triage of support requests. Ensure the upkeep of the tech support ticket system and provide rapid status reports when needed.
- Plan and organize the selection of computer equipment. Assemble, install, and dispatch PC and devices to users. Recognize the compatibility of components and devices.
- Assist in planning internal technology projects, review products, test applications. Contribute to the evolution of tech support tools and processes.
- Troubleshoot technology issues by running diagnostics and investigating alerts.
- Work with suppliers for managing and maintaining printers, scanning devices, office peripherals, desktops, and tablets. Manage inventory, equipment rotation, and keeping sufficient supplies in stock.
- Promote the implementation of industry best practices, processes, and policies
- Participate in daily status meetings and other technology project planning sessions
- Develop knowledge base and share practical tips to users and clients
Qualifications for Technical & System Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of client user & technical support experience
- Strong knowledge of helpdesk and IT support best practices, including experience with ticket systems (Jira), remote support tools, troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong at evaluating support requests and performing triage
- IT certifications in Microsoft, or other related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of computer components, Windows operating system, printing and scanning devices.
- Extensive experience installing and supporting desktop and cloud Microsoft Office 365 applications, including: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Sway, SharePoint, OneNote, Teams.
- Knowledge of Dynamics CRM
- Comfortable with telephony and VOIP
- Familiar with testing and basic quality assurance verifications.