The Business Intelligence (BI) Architect will be a hands-on role responsible for building and maintaining the internal and customer facing business intelligence solution which includes but is not limited to database design/modeling, database creation, performance optimization, data loads / ETL processing, reporting and dashboards. The BI Architect will also provide senior level technical expertise in overseeing the design, implementation and maintenance of the data architecture function as well as serve as the in-house expert that leads and promotes innovative data designs and data quality improvements. A high degree of expertise and initiative is required.
- Hands on experience to include data solutions and architecture projects using the Microsoft SQL Server and PowerBI.
- Extensive knowledge of business intelligence concepts such as data warehousing and data marts.
- Extensive knowledge of business intelligence graphical reporting tools such as report writers, scheduling, delivery, and dashboards.
- Extensive knowledge of core ETL principles such as modularity, restartability, and table-driven business rules. Deep understanding of information delivery architecture including abstraction layers, SQL query paths and optimization, report level calculations and end user reporting architecture.
- Qualified candidates should be experienced building reports that tell stories with data.
- Build, develop and document infrastructure processes with a focus on technology growth, performance, reliability and security.
- Apply best practice security methodologies and approaches to the design, coding, maintenance, and testing of solutions.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed and directed.
- MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS
- Experience modeling data and building reports/dashboards with PowerBI reporting tool
- Experience integrating data via API calls a plus
- Talend and/or other ETL tools a plus
- BS Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years related experience